At Monomoy Regional School District, we strongly believe that our teachers should be supported in their growth as educators. We offer a robust program of Professional Development in a variety of formats.
Options for 15 PDP ELL Requirement for Licensure:
- Annual Course offered in-district at no cost to teachers - see PD calendar and Smart Edu
- Asynchronous micro-courses offered through the English Learner Portal - $75 for 5 PDP's (bundle 3 together for a discounted rate of $215). A one graduate credit option is available through UMass Global as well.
Options for 15 PDP Educating Students with Disabilities and Students with Divers Learning Styles Requirement for Licensure:
- Annual Course offered by Melissa Maguire each year - see PD calendar and Smart Edu
- DESE free asynchronous course entitled Foundations for Inclusive Practice (teachers) or Foundations for Inclusive Practice (Administrators)
Adding outside courses to SmartEDU:
- Educators can add courses taken outside of Monomoy to their SmartEdu account at anytime if they would like to do so as a way of helping with their record keeping.
- To learn how to do so, please see this video here:
To learn more about the MRSD Professional Development Program, contact Marc Smith, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, at email@example.com.