2022-2023 MRSC GOALS
Goal #1: The MRSC will understand how housing affordability and regional inflation is impacting families and staff.
- The designated committee members will participate in regional conversations on housing affordability, and the Committee will support efforts to provide affordable housing in our region.
- The Committee will review reasons for staff losses and unsuccessful recruitment into open positions.
- The Committee will review regional union contract scales to understand where Monomoy's salary scale sits in comparison to other area districts.
- The Committee will review regional non-union salaries to understand where Monomoy's pay sits in comparison to other area districts.
- The Committee will strategize on what steps need to occur to have or maintain regionally competitive salaries and benefits.
- With the support of the administration, the Committee will develop a 5-year long-term plan to be competitive, thereby supporting the recruitment and retention of staff.
Goal #2: The MRSC will prepare a redline Regional Agreement for the Annual Town meetings in the Spring of 2023.
- The Committee will continue updating language and cleaning up Regional Agreement.
- The Committee will prepare a final version of the Regional Agreement by Winter 2023.
Goal #3: The MRSC will continue to support equity and diversity work within our District.
- The Committee will adopt and Support recommendations by Equity Task Force.
- The Committee will invite representatives of local tribes to discuss the history of indigenous people of Chatham and Harwich.
- The Committee will explore land acknowledgment for our area.
Goal #4: Support a Comprehensive and Proactive District-Wide Curriculum Audit
- The Committee will review and conduct an assessment of all policies related to the curriculum.
- The Committee will receive updates and administrative presentations regarding the process and financial implications.
- The Committee will receive ongoing reports from Administration with status updates.
Goal #5: Develop the Portrait of a Graduate Process with Administration
- The School Committee's Strategic Planning Subcommittee will work with the consultant to develop a timeline and process for the development of the Portrait of a Graduate.
- School Committee members will participate as a focus group in this process.
- The School Committee will get updates on the progress in the development of the Portrait of a Graduate and will provide feedback on the final draft.
- The School Committee will support the Administration in operationalizing the Portrait as a PreK-12 guiding document where desired characteristics and skills are embedded in the district's curriculum across the grades.