COVID-19 Guidelines for 2022-2023
In keeping with the recommendations from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, the Massachusetts Department of Health, and the CDC, our approach to COVID for the 2022-2023 school year will be to focus on mitigation with an eye to vulnerable populations.
Please note the following:
- There are no universal mask requirements in our schools (except for a state DESE requirement that masks continue to be worn when visiting school Health Offices).
- We will not be providing a COVID dashboard on our website. County data can be found on the Barnstable County website here.
- MRSD will not provide in-school testing, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic
- Symptomatic individuals will be asked to stay home and test. (We have a limited number of at-home tests to provide our students and staff. At-home tests are also readily available at local pharmacies.)
- Vaccination remains an effective way to protect oneself, so we strongly encourage all staff, students, and families to have up-to-date vaccinations (including boosters).
- Please continue to monitor your own health and that of your family and household members, and do not come into school when ill.
- Barnstable County: https://www.capecod.gov/departments/health-environment/covid-19/
- Mass DESE: https://www.doe.mass.edu/covid19/
- Mass DPH: https://www.mass.gov/covid-19-updates-and-information
- Vaxfinder: https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html