Understanding the Budget
Regional school district finance can be complicated - as such, we offer this information and material to help educate our families and community. If you have additional questions, please contact our Central Office at (508) 945-5130.
• School Finance: Chapter 70 Program - DESE FY20 Chapter 70 Aid and Required Contribution Calculations
• To read the FY20 Budget documents approved by the School Committee on 3/14/19:
• To read the FY20 Draft Budget documents:
• To learn about the MRSD budget, be sure to attend or watch the biweekly School Committee meetings. Annual budget discussions begin in earnest each January, to allow time for adjustments prior to each town's Town Meeting in May.
• To better understand Chapter 70 funding, enrollment, and other pertinent data, read the Superindent's budget presentation, which breaks down that information.
• Historical budget data for prior years is posted under the Budget section of our site.
See the link in the left-hand menu for helpful educational videos about regional school district funding.