Monomoy Integrated Preschool
To begin the enrollment process,
contact Janet Caron at 508-430-7216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Monomoy Integrated Preschool Program strives to maximize the achievement of all of our students. We provide our students with high-quality social, language, and early academic experiences, which address each child’s individual needs in an emotionally and physically safe environment. We follow developmentally appropriate best practices for young children of all abilities by providing a standards-based curriculum. Preschool children ages 3-4 who have been found eligible for special education services due to a disability learn alongside more typically developing students whom we call community friends. Our community friends help to model age-appropriate social, play, language and learning skills.
- Students with a suspected disability are identified through a screening process by our educators. If there is a concern, the parent will be notified and a referral for an evaluation to determine special education eligibility will be discussed. Children are referred to the program at any point by parent inquiry, teacher recommendation, physician recommendation, child care provider recommendation, Early Intervention, and more. If you have concerns about your child’s development, contact Janet Caron at 508-430-7216 or email@example.com to schedule a screening at any time.
- Community friends are enrolled during our spring screening and registration process (see details below).
- The number of community friends that can be enrolled is dependent on a variety of factors and is not guaranteed.
- To enroll in the integrated preschool program for the 2023-2024 school year, children must be 3 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2023; be able to provide a birth certificate and copy of required immunizations; and provide proof of residence in Chatham or Harwich.
- If the number of community friend applicants exceeds the available spots, a lottery will be held.
Schedule: There are morning and afternoon sessions of our preschool program, and each session is 2.5 hours in duration.
Location: Classrooms are located at Harwich Elementary School.
Tuition: Students with identified special needs attend the integrated preschool at no cost and can receive transportation. *New for 2023-2024: Community friends attend the integrated preschool at no cost, however transportation is not available for community friends.
Screening/Registration: On Wednesday and Thursday, March 15 and 16, 2023, Monomoy Regional School District will hold Preschool Screenings for families who would like to enroll their children as community friends in Monomoy’s Integrated Preschool program for the 2023-2024 school year. The screenings are by appointment only. Please contact Janet Caron at 508-430-7216 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a screening appointment and receive application materials.
Once families have received a letter of acceptance into the program, they must complete a registration form. The registration process includes submitting an official birth certificate, proof of residency, physician report verifying immunizations are up to date, registration forms, language survey, and contact information.