Welcome to Monomoy Regional High School Athletics. The Athletic Department is committed to providing each student an equal opportunity to participate in interscholastic athletics. At Monomoy the athletic program is an extension of the academic program, and all student/athletes are encouraged to strive for excellence in both the classroom and on the athletic field.
Good sportsmanship, commitment to the team and school, and the development of skills and strategies necessary for interscholastic competition are essential to a successful athletic program. Interscholastic athletics at Monomoy embodies spirit, social presence, cooperative behavior, discipline and responsibility.
We strive to achieve an environment where every student athlete has a positive experience regardless of what team they are on and where they learn life skills and strategies for success through interscholastic athletics.
All student athletes and families should be aware that there is an inherent risk in participating in any interscholastic athletic activity. Students must have a current physical on file at the school and must register on Family ID, prior to the start of each athletic season.
We are excited about our athletic programs at Monomoy and look forward to many successes on and off the field.
Director of Athletics
Spring Sports Update - March 4, 2021
High school spring sports registration is open on Family ID effective today Thursday March 4. The high school spring sports season is scheduled to officially start on Monday April 26. This is about a month later than usual with the new season structure for this year so please be aware that official tryouts for all spring sports won't begin until April 26. Prior to April 26 all student-athletes playing a spring sport must have the following completed and turned in to the school:
1. Register on Family ID
2. An updated physical into the school nurse
3. An up to date ImPACT Test with our Athletic Trainer, Taylor Murray
4. Student-athletes must complete the NFHS free online concussion course within the year and submit the certificate of completion to Taylor Murray. The course can be found at nfhslearn.com.
5. Daily Covid Symptom Check Lists will be required every day beginning April 26.
If you have any questions regarding medical information or ImPACT testing please contact Taylor Murray at email@example.com.
Meet The Spring Coaches Night is scheduled for Wednesday April 14 at 6:00 p.m. It will be a google meet format and it is required of all players and parents.
Fall II Sports Update - February 1, 2021
As many of you know the MIAA has created a Fall II season this year for Football and Cheer. Practices for the Fall II season will begin February 22. In order to participate on day one of a Fall II sport, all student-athletes must complete the following steps:
1. Register on Family ID. It is open as of Monday, February 1.
2. Have an updated physical, within 13 months, in to the school nurse.
3. Have an updated ImPACT Test with our Athletic Trainer Taylor Murray.
4. Complete the free online concussion course at nfhslearn.com and submit the certificate of completion to our Athletic Trainer Taylor Murray.
If you have any questions regarding physicals, ImPACT Testing or the concussion course please contact Taylor Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although it may be cold in February and March, we look forward to seeing our football players and cheerleaders back on the field!
If you have any questions, feel free to email or call the athletic office.
Winter Sports Update - January 11, 2021
High School Winter Sports will begin tomorrow Tuesday January 12th! The master schedule with practice times is posted on the MRHS website under athletics/winter sports. Please remember if you are trying out for a winter sport you must have completed the following:
1. Registered on Family ID
2. Have an updated physical in to the nurses office
3. Have an updated ImPACT test
4. Have completed the NFHS free online concussion course at nfhslearn.com and submitted the certificate to Taylor Murray, our Athletic Trainer
5. Student-athletes must fill out the Covid Checklist on their teams google classroom everyday by 2:00pm in order to participate
If you have any questions regarding physicals, ImPACT Testing, the concussion course or the Covid Checklist please email Taylor at email@example.com.
NO VISITING SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY CAPE AND ISLANDS LEAGUE VENUE THIS WINTER. HOME SPECTATORS WILL BE LIMITED TO 2 PER PLAYER AND MUST BE ON THE LIST PRIOR TO EACH GAME IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED. NO STUDENT SPECTATORS WILL BE PERMITTED.
ALL GAMES WILL BE LIVESTREAMED.
We are excited to get the winter season started and look forward to seeing you on the court and ice soon! It is important to remember to wear your masks, maintain social distance and wash your hands in order to maintain safety for all and continue our winter sports season.
All players are expected to ride on the bus with the team to and from all away games/meets. If parents need to drive their child home from an away game, this Transporation Waiver must be completed and submitted 48 hours prior to the game. Click here to download the Transportation Waiver.